Sunday, October 29, 2006

Thank you Mona El-Shazely

Just from few minutes ago on Dream TV2 in 10 O'clock a special report was made about the sexual harassment incident that happened last Tuesday in Downtown Cairo

Of course the interior ministry denied the incident and underestimated it ,well it is not its mistake ,it is the mistake of those girls who should have reported the incident in Kasr El-Nil police Station

The interior ministry appeared to be another lie when the Channel showed a report from Downtown itself , Malek X appeared and said what happened with photos from Wael Abbas , also several people from the sellers and shop keepers spoke and they confirmed what happened from harassment only one man denied , I guess he did this for fear , not from the police ,but from the fear that people and families would be scared from going to Downtown

Mona El-Shazely spoke afterwards about the incident and said what we all are saying in the Egyptian blogsphere for a whole week ,people we should n't be silent

Thank you ya Mona El-Shazely , you are the best :)

updates : thanks to Wael Abbas ,here is part of the program :)

 

man I had photos for her in my old hard drive ,oh man I want to cry

2 comments:

  1. I was on the phone with my family in our daily Skype call "thanks to the DSL", and because they still live in down town i asked them about this incident, my father said he knew nothing coz he rarely go out except for his early morning walk and newspapers shopping, but the surprising part to me as their ONLY son, is that they started to ask me not to move back to egypt ever again, vacations r ok for sure, but no final return! Why am I surprised? Coz 6 years ago when I decided to quit my very good job in egypt and move to China to study Chinese and Finance, they were crying day-in day-out and it was so hard to talk to them and listen to their complains about being too far away from them! Now, when I told them that I'm thinking seriously to go back to egypt (or even the gulf)they said NOOOO...and my father told me I'll be stupid to go back to live in egypt again, they said that've done a very good thing with my life over here in China and they don't want me to destroy what I've already built "and it's not about te money". Can you explain to me how and why parents can sacrify to live with their ONLY son when they can? I'm still shocked. Are things that bad in egypt right now? did the people change that much in six years? Is it true that the values are vanishing in our society? I find it hard to believe...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear yellow Egyptian your parents don't want to be disappointed when you come back home or gulf , it is not about the values , it is simple you may not find a job easily and if you find a job you won't feel comfortable because abroad you are rewarded not because of your hard work but because of other things
    plus hundreds of rad tape , hundreds of stupid law
    plus Life became so expensive
    about the Gulf , well I got a relative in the United States who is raised there and barely came to Egypt , he had an opportunity to work in Saudi Arabia , believe it or not they gave to an american doctor a better salary more than him as soon as they know that he is from Egypt !!
    man stay where you are
    Listen to your parents

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.