Sunday, May 30, 2010

ElBaradei tours old Cairo

Mohamed ElBaradei has visited this morning Old Cairo along with a group of his supporters. His group invited those who were interested to join them in their tour yesterday despite it was not Friday but rather Sunday and no one for instance like me can leave his job to tour Old Cairo , why not Friday or Saturday !!!!!!!!!

First of all I must respect his decision to be treated like any other Egyptian citizen while visiting old Cairo. He visited the famous Hanging Church , Egypt's oldest Church , Ben Ezra synagogue and Amr Ibn Al As Mosque , the first Mosque in Egypt. I do not know if the choice of these locations has a specific message.

Here is a video from the Daily News Egypt

ElBaradei tours old Cairo by Daily News Egypt

And also nice photos for ElBaradei visiting our religious complex in Old Cairo, I want to visit this place someday . The photos are from AP and also from ElBaradei official Facebook

I hope that the future visits ElBaradei will not only visit touristic and historical attractions , I hope that he will visits the hospitals , the markets, the bakeries , I hope he takes trains when he goes to Aswan and Alexandria and even sits with the people in the third degree because there he will meet the real Egyptians whom he needs their support in his quest.

ElBaradei had a very interesting interview with German Qantara website which I highly recommend you to read till the end. I love how he referred to his age when he was asked about Presidency , of course it is indirect message to Mubarak who still believes that he will be in his place till 2013 to head that summit in France.

I support the call of Dr. ElBaradei's for change 100% but I wish he becomes a little bit more aggressive against that regime.

1 comment:

  1. the interview is from the german weekly die zeit where i missed it somehow. just digged the german version out. so thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.